Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Girl Diaper Cake


Here's a diaper cake I made using the Cricut New Arrival cartridge. The images were cut at 3 3/4" and the name was cut at 4" using the Cricut Plantin Schoolbok cart. I embossed the letters using the Cuttlebug dots folder and inked with brown ink to match the ribbon, which I found at Michael's. I inked the Prima flowers since I didn't have any in pink and added some bling. Now, if you've read some of my other posts, you will know that I've recycled ribbon and paper from the Gap gift bags. I really wanted pink and brown for this cake so I resorted to using a Gap gift box for the brown shadows. It's a lot thicker than card stock so I set the blade at 6 and the pressure to max and used the multi cut option. It was my first time using the option and was hesitant to use such thick paper but the Expression seemed to handle it well. Now all I need is a pink stuffed animal to top the cake!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! So beautiful and creative! Lovely work!!

    Thanks for taking part at my 'summer candy'! Good luck!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is fabulous! I see something like that and think, "I could never create something so spectacular!" I absolutely love it! I think I'll save this pic on my computer for future reference.... Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your comments!

Diana - Teacher Mom